“Sean, the CAN DO album is the best mix I’ve heard in years. You balanced exceedingly well, bringing PTB solos, the drumming and other passages to the front of the mix at the proper times. And you captured the vocals really well, which sound great the entire album. Fantastic job!!” ~Charles W. Wilson
GET YOUR MIX DELIVERED
No matter where you are, your songs can be professionally mixed by Sean using online file transfer. Just request a quote here: https://mixingtheband.com/contact/.
You can upload the tracks and send the download link. The mix files will be delivered to your email.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Sean mixes software and hardware together to create mixes that sound competitive and fitting for the style. The combination of modern plugins and time-tested hardware provides plenty of options for creating the appropriate sound.
Sean will mix the songs, then send them to you for approval. Many times, these are the mixes that are released, but if you hear things you would like changed, just make a list, and the mix will be revised to reflect the changes requested.
Once the mix is done and approved, you’ll receive a download link for the session for archive, the mixes, and any alternate mixes you ordered.
WHY CHOOSE SEAN?
Because you want your mix to sound full and clear, and be able to compete with professional releases out there. Sean takes the time it requires to get the mix to sound professional and well balanced, with punch and detail, and he cares about getting the right mix for your sound.
“After nearly 30 years in and out of dozens of studios, this is the first time I’m truly happy with the outcome. Thank you!!” ~Grimwar
The mix is important because a proper mix highlights the song’s strengths and showcases the artist’s performance to maximize the emotional impact. A bad or over-processed mix can rob the song of feeling after what may have been months of writing and recording.
A good mix will ideally stand up next to any professionally released music by mainstream artists, and not distract the listener with tonal or level problems. It will have punch and bottom without being muddy, and be present without getting harsh.
Sean is a mixing engineer with an eye on the big picture of the song and the artist, and attention to detail.
“The mix should sound like a record, not a demo, and instantly grab your attention to the epic performance by the great artist and the magic captured in the recording. ” ~Sean Shannon
- Blending your individual tracks into a stereo mix
- High quality processing – including analog and digital EQs, dynamics, and effects
- Analog and digital consoles
- Analog and digital rack gear
- Top digital plugins
- Analog summing
- 24/32 bit processing up to 192KHz
- Online file transfer
- High resolution delivery
- Competitive sound quality
- Ears of experience
- Recallable mixes
- 1 free revision
- Mastering available
- Optional: vocal tuning, production, drum editing, and sound replacement
- Optional: Surround mixing
For mixing, please send:
- Consolidated wave files for each track
- Properly named (Examples: Kick In, Kick Out, Snare Top, Snare Bot, Lead Vocal, Guitar Solo, etc.)
- Please crossfade on cut edits prior to consolidating
- All tracks playing from start time “zero”, or Bar 1 (even if the part doesn’t come in until later in the song)
- 24 bit, 44.1 KHz preferred or higher
- Keep mono tracks mono (1 channel) and stereo tracks stereo (2 channels) if possible
- Include a rough mix for reference if there are cues or necessary sounds in that rough mix
- Include lyrics, tempo, and key, and any mix notes
- Sending a large USB thumb drive for session backup is a good idea
Contact Sean for a quote for mixing your music HERE.
LIVE EVENT MIXING
For FOH / Monitor engineering, A1, A2 event audio engineering,
Contact Sean for a quote HERE