EAR TRAINING KIT™
Mixing The Band’s Ear Training Kit™ contains hours of ear training tools on video, and is a fun way to sharpen your critical listening skills and train your ears at your own convenience anywhere you want. Just download, put your headphones on, and press PLAY.
With a trained ear, you can mix at a professional level on any hardware or software, and your audio problem-solving skills will improve dramatically.
The included Mixing Engineer’s Toolkit™ is the fastest way to learn the sounds of frequencies, delay times, effects, compression, and audio problems like distortion and phase issues so you can easily correct bad sound and make better mixes. The Rack Box Drills™ will keep you guessing and practicing critical listening while you quiz yourself.
Train your ears anywhere, it’s easy – just plug in your headphones or turn on your stereo playback system, and get started. This is a fun and practical way to sharpen your critical listening skills and improve your mixes. Beginner to advanced.
Sponsored by Waves, Izotope, Slate, Studio One, Drumagog, Blue Cat Audio, Harrison MixBus, SoundToys, MagicAB, and Har-Bal, with music by Pat Travers, Outbound Road, Black Canvas, The Jam Campaign, Barry Myers, Rocket 88, Yanique Sasha, Ray Mercier, and other great artists.Buy Ear Training Kit Now
This Ear Training Kit™ includes:
1. The Mixing Engineer’s Toolkit™ – A high quality audio/visual demonstration of many mixing tools available to the mixing engineer, including training in frequencies, delay and reverb times, compression, stereo effects, and more. This toolkit is designed to make learning the sounds easy, and is set up so you can both see and hear the effects to help you get familiar with how these processes affect the stereo field, track levels, imaging, and tones.
2. Rack Box Drills™ – 200 multiple choice ear training practice exercises on video broken into 10 lessons of 20 exercises each. These exercises are a fun way to hone your critical listening skills by learning to identify and describe the change in sound when the black Rack Box turns on and off. With practice, you will soon be able to quantify what you are hearing in detail, from how many milliseconds of delay are being used, to which frequency was cut, strengthening your ability to make great mixes. Suitable for practice almost anywhere. No exercises repeat, so you can practice with the exercises again and again.
3. User’s Guide – Tips for effective use of the Ear Training Kit with answers to the 200 Rack Box Drills™ and your blank answer form;
4. *Bonus* – “Spectral Balancing (or How To Use an EQ)” – The mixing engineer’s guide to using any EQ to balance the frequency content of a mix. This book is packed with tips and techniques for shaping mixes, and acts as a guide to help you spectrally balance your mix using any EQ. Learn to identify EQ bands by ear and how to affect the character of the mix and tracks by applying strategic tonal adjustments, and soon you’ll be the master of the EQ.
- A 10 Octave EQ Guide,
- Handy EQ Tips,
- Powerful EQ Techniques, and
- Magic Frequencies (good starting points for EQing).
- The 5 Common Types of EQ
- Why You Should Use Your Spectrum Analyzer
- The Ideal Shape of a Pre-Mastered Mix
- 6 Powerful EQ Tricks to Carve Out a Sound
- The Sound and Science of the 10 Octaves
- How To Identify EQ Bands
- EQ Tips and Techniques
Start training your ears today!
When you place your order, you get a download link sent to your email so you can get the kit right away and start training your ears today! Follow the instructions and keep the files handy on your device for easy practice anywhere.
Answers to the Rack Box Drills on YouTube:
Lesson 9, #11 = C
Lesson 3, #20 = A
Lesson 1, #20 = C
Lesson 1, #13 = A
Buy Ear Training Kit Now