Mixing is the last step in the record production process before final mastering. After the tracks have been recorded, mixing is where all the raw tracks for each song are blended together with processing and effects into a single stereo mix that can be played on a CD, online, or anywhere music can be played.
The mix is important because a proper mix highlights the song’s strengths and the artist’s performance, and has a positive impact on the listener. A bad mix can rob the song of emotional impact after what may have been months of writing and recording.
A good mix should ideally stand up next to any professionally released music by mainstream artists, and not distract the listener with tonal or level problems. It should have punch and be well-balanced and feel good with a large, clear soundstage that is clear and present without getting harsh.
No matter where you are, your songs can be professionally mixed and mastered by Sean using online file transfer. Send your tracks to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blending your individual tracks into a stereo mix
- High quality processing – including analog and digital EQs, dynamics, and effects
- Bus, VCA, and master fader processing
- Online file transfer
- Analog and digital processing
- High resolution delivery
- Competitive sound quality
- Ears of experience
- Recallable mixes
- 1 free revision
- Optional: vocal tuning, production, drum editing, and sound replacement
- Optional: Surround mixing
For mixing, please send:
- Consolidated wave files for each track
- Properly named
- Please crossfade on cut edits prior to consolidating
- All tracks playing from start time “zero”, or Bar 1 (even if the part doesn’t come in until later in the song)
- 24 bit, 44.1 KHz preferred or higher
- Keep mono tracks mono (1 channel) and stereo tracks stereo (2 channels)
- Rough mix for reference if there are cues or necessary sounds in that rough mix
- Mix notes
- A USB drive for session backup is a good idea
Sean mixes primarily in Pro Tools HD, Harrison MixBus, and Presonus Studio One. For those and other software sessions (Cubase, Reaper, Logic, etc), send the consolidated wave files. Once your project is mixed, a copy of the mix will be sent to you for your approval. If you have ordered mastering, the mix will be mastered for online distribution or replication including CD text. 1 Revision to the mix is included.Buy Mixing Now